Enabling retailers to drive profit out of the “last 100 yards of the supply chain”. Retailers are refocusing their attention on the store, cutting costs and seeking to optimize the return-on-inventory investment across all product categories. For retailers, nearly 25% of inventory is perishable – a potential 3% loss to the bottom line if price cuts, promotions and other selling techniques fail.
But imagine it is possible for retailers to track real-time demand for perishable items in each store, and automatically adjust prices and promotions to prevent spoilage while also protecting margins. With our Dynamic Store Merchandising solution (DSM), reducing loss and turning it into profit is actually happening.
JUST RIGHT. JUST TIME.
By constantly looking at in-store inventory, demand level and sell through rates, Dynamic Store Merchandising enables retailers to drive profit out of the “last 100 yards of the supply chain.” Using same-store analytics to focus on operations and processes where margin is at risk or can be improved, DSM helps retailers:
- Reduce waste and margin losses from perishable items
- Cut inventory-carry costs
- Maximize promotions performance while minimizing post-promotion mark-downs
- Reverse margin erosion from increased discounting, promotions and special offers
- Optimize personnel productivity